Tuesday, June 9, 2009

encounters with fame



Since being in London I have had more than my fair share of encounters with famousish people. I don't know if it's that celebrities flock to me or if I just have a knack for spotting them. I think the real reason that I see so many is I can stalk like you wouldn't believe. The celebrity spottings started early on while we were filming the T-mobile commericial in Trafalgar Square. We were just singing along when who should show up not more than 40 feet away from us but PINK. Celebrity siting number 1.Then just a few days later we went and saw Wicked. Who should we see after the show but Glinda. Below is picture evidence. Celebrity siting number 2. Then we conveniently also saw Elphaba. Ok, maybe these weren't so accidental and I may have waited outside the stage door but still I met them and even though they might not be that famous now they might be someday. Celebrity siting number 3.



A few days later we went and saw Hairspray! and we decided to wait at the stage door once more to meet the stars of the show. This time I wanted to wait because I wanted to see Link, and just look at the picture below....you will understand why. Celebrity siting number 4.

And since we were already waiting we thought we might get a picture with Tracy as well. Yeah, she's a little weird looking. But still, you never know if she might become really famous someday. Celebrity siting number 5.




Then, just last week we went and saw Hamlet starring Jude Law. Brandt and I got sweet tickets in a private box right next to the stage, thanks to our friend Sydney who waited in line from 6 until 10 in the morning to get us tickets, and who do I see coming in but Kate Beckinsale. Turns out I could be a paparazzi because I spotted her the second she walked in the room. Brandt wasn't convinced it was here but after we brushed shoulders with her, and I do literally mean we brushed shoulders, I did actually touch her, we were convinced. Yes she is as gorgeous in real life, yes she is tiny, and yes she is just a normal person. Celebrity siting number 6.


We wanted to get a picture but everyone was leaving her alone so we just got this picture of her back from a distance. She is the one with the phone out in front of the lady with the yellow bag. She was there with her mom and she was even eating candy...proof that even famous people eat normal food.




After the show we went around back and who should we meet but JUDE LAW. Yep, that's right I met THE Jude Law. And he's short. Here is some photographic evidence. Celebrity siting number 7.

Here he is signing something for someone.




Here he is focusing intently on something.

And here he is with me. Yeah, it's not the best picture of me but it's also not the best picture of him and oddly, that is the face he made in EVERY picture. I am actually touching him in this picture. We talked. Our conversation went something like this.
Me: Can I get a picture?
Him: Absolutely.
He signs an autograph for someone.
Him: Where am I looking?
This is where, if I had been smart, I would have said, "Into my eyes. Do you see your future wife?" But unfortunately I just pointed to the camera and said, "Right there."
I smiled he stared.
Me: Thank you so much.
Him: You're welcome.
I think he'll be looking me up soon. We hit it off




And for those who still don't believe. Here is his autograph.




So, if you ever want to meet anyone famous, stick close to me. I'm practically famous myself by now.

6 comments:

  1. Sahwweett! Jude Law looks like he's posing for his mug shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'll remember that!! lol Jude Law = even gorgeous when he's looking prison-ish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that is awesome! You both look great though I think you are much more photogenic than he is! :) When I am in the mood to hand with celebrities I will come find you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um I love jude law. Bravo folks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha! that picture of Jude Law made me L O L. he looks like a crazy person. but all the same, he is as attractive as ever! :) you're awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh mari, you crack me up! i do need to stick close to you. i can't believe all the people you have seen/met. so fun.

    ReplyDelete